As I previously stated, your personal injury lawyer wants to get the highest amount of compensation for you as he possibly can. Why is that? It is because your lawyer’s interest is exactly the same as yours. The more money your lawyer can get for you, the more money they will receive from the settlement.
Today I would like to visit the question of whether or not it makes a difference what type of lawyer you hire. Is it better to hire a personal injury lawyer or a general lawyer – even if one has been recommended to you? The answer is a definite “Yes.”
I firmly believe that there are five main reasons why a personal injury lawyer will be the best choice for you to receive the maximum amount possible.
1. Personal injury lawyers understand the situation that you are in; they understand the fact that you are injured and that you believe that you have the right to claim for your injuries legitimately. The fact that you do not currently feel as though you are in control is also evident to them.
You will have many questions regarding the legal process such as; how long is the process and how much can you expect to get? You might be wondering if you will be able to work or not during or after healing. You might even believe that you should seek the help of a medical expert in order to back up your claim.
There is a lot on the line and taking a chance is not an option. A lawyer will offer you help and empathize with you. A personal injury lawyer will understand what you are dealing with and be able to guide you in the right direction.
To give you an idea, I have successfully helped thousands of people win their cases, from just a few thousand to millions of dollars. When you sit down with me, you will be confident that I am here to help you and that I understand what you are going through. That is why a personal injury lawyer can assist you better with all the questions, needs, and concerns that you have regarding your claim.
2. Personal injury lawyers have the experience required to deal with insurance companies and the lawyers that they employ. The person who is responsible for the accident and their lawyers are not there to help you at all. Their main focus is to make sure that you get the minimum amount of money as a settlement. A regular lawyer may have dealt with these types of cases in the past, but a personal injury lawyer is an expert in the field.
One main point that I would like to make is this: When you hire an injury lawyer, you are also hiring the experience that they have gained with regards to all automobile accidents. They have the necessary knowledge to represent you better than anyone else can.
3. An injury lawyer has the needed skills to ensure that they properly access all the evidence at hand and get you the best possible outcome. They will know how to examine the evidence, what they should be looking for, and whether or not they need to get help from injury experts to maximize the amount you receive from your claim.
My business depends on my ability to correctly access the evidence presented to me. I have spent years studying thousands of injury cases, which have been presented to me, and I can easily access whether or not additional experts need to be brought in. Some cases are more complicated than others and require the services of accident reconstruction experts or the extraction of the information stored on the “black box” of the vehicles in question that determine the speed the vehicle was traveling at the time of or before the accident.
4. Personal injury lawyers have the funds and workforce needed to see you through the claims process. Before enlisting the help of medical or scientific experts, who charge a lot for their expertise, your personal injury lawyer will be able to decide if they are necessary to prove your claim or not. A regular lawyer might not be able to determine whether or not such experts are necessary or not.
For example, I only use experts who are qualified by the Alberta Court of Queens Beach to testify in court. You can find out all the information regarding fees and who pays for them on my website. There is also a section called “What experts should be on my team?”
5. Lawyers who work for the guilty parties insurance company know the case law, they depend on their knowledge in order to survive. Personal injury lawyers know the case law and have used it in the past to prove their cases beyond a reasonable doubt.
When you have an injury lawyer representing you, you are on an equal footing with the other parties insurance company. That is precisely what I do for all my clients. I am fully aware of and understand the law and how it works to benefit my clients as much as possible.
Should you feel as though you have a claim, I strongly suggest that you find an injury lawyer who will act in your best interest, someone who will do whatever is needed to make sure that you are properly compensated.